YOUR JOB RESPONSIBILITES
- Support the service(s) across the organization.
- Identifies and addresses risks with the operation of the service.
- Understands the end-to-end (E2E) technical service(s) including dependent components and infrastructure.
- Contributes to the identification of issues / incidents / events that impact agreed service KPIs, SLA’s, Service Health as well as any 3rd party Service Providers.
- Responsible for the successful resolution of critical, high, medium and low problems.
- Provides technical support and direction across service management processes including, incident, problem, change, configuration, capacity, continuity (DR), availability, asset, monitoring and alerting.
- Responsible for understanding the required business outcomes for the service and translating those, with input from Business Engagement into Service Improvement Plans – where relevant.
- Collaborate with Architects and Design Leads to ensure that projects are scoped in accordance with asset roadmaps and strategies.
- Collaborate with 3rd party service providers, project services and service management to ensure high quality and successful transition of all service(s) changes.
- Utilise appropriate forums and networks to identify opportunities to leverage asset portfolio capabilities.
- Ensure adequate communication, knowledge sharing and issue resolution across delivery and support teams.
- Ongoing Stakeholder Management & management of stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure appropriate capacity, risk and security monitoring, disaster recovery and business continuity plans are in place across the portfolio, any issues are to be identified and remediated appropriately.
- Implement and enforce appropriate data quality controls are in place across the portfolio.
- Another important part of the role is to perform On-Call support, where you will be remunerated accordingly and be part of a team of 7 who are on a rotated roster.
- Effectively manage Service Providers to ensure service stability, service risks are managed effectively and ongoing service health maintained.
- Driving operational & technology change agenda to mature services in line with industry direction.
- Ensuring service change and service transition is executed flawlessly.
- Maintain systems at the required service level exceeding the expectations of our customers.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good experience (2-3 Years) in Database Technology and delivery with experience in managing and administering large scale Database (physical and virtual) environments.
- Experience with DBMS software patching (essential), DBMS software installation and DBMS upgrades. Oracle RAC, SQL Server Always On, Data Guard.
- DBMS Backup and Recovery (essential).
- Implementing and managing enterprise Database changes for business applications.
- Experience with database problem and incident management.
- Experience with database optimisation and tuning.
- Good business communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to remain flexible to deliver business outcomes.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and technology.
- Tertiary qualification in a Technology discipline or related field.
THE BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Very competitive remuneration package
- Generous private family healthcare for yourself and two family members
- A solid team behind you – great people who love what they do
- The pleasant, enthusiastic, international work environment
- Opportunity for traveling & training in Australia
- A brand new & state of the art Agile office
- Latest technologies, flexible working hours
- A promising training and career path
- Fun team activities & outing
- English learning with native English teachers
- And many more to come.
About National Australia Bank
NAB is undergoing an exciting „Cloud First“ technology transformation by taking advantage of the latest tools and techniques used by leading technology and digital companies globally. But it’s not just about the Tech, we are also investing heavily in our people, so if you have an appetite to learn, grow and elevate others around you, this is the place for you!
IT’S MORE THAN MONEY!
We naturally also provide a very competitive remuneration package but a career with us is about a lot more than money. We believe in people with ideas and dreams, and we want you to achieve your aspirations. We’ll work together to deliver exceptional products and outcomes that push the limits of our own aspirations. Our passion for creating value and exceeding our customers‘ expectations means we’re constantly striving to redefine our standards of excellence. You’ll have our backing to develop and our encouragement to explore, realize, and reach your full potential.
If this excites you, let’s have a chat over a cup of coffee!
NAB is Australia’s largest business bank and has been around for 160 years helping small, medium and large businesses with their money. Today, NAB has more than 30,000 people, serving 9,000,000 customers at more than 900 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
NAB has funded some of the most important infrastructures in communities – including schools, hospitals, and roads. And do it in a way that’s responsible, inclusive and innovative.