YOUR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with other NAB’s technology leaders towards improving and fulfilling the NAB technical direction;
- Conduct training to empower engineers to achieve a greater level of programming skill;
- Design, develop, review, implement, and manage Node.js & React.js application code and services for the production and pre-release environments;
- Design, develop, review, implement and manage continuous integration, build management and deployment scripts, systems, and any code as required;
- Participate in Agile software development, prototyping, and code review with international development teams to build scalable microservices-based products;
- Understand the requirements of the customer or business and utilize this knowledge to develop applications that are consistent with this;
- Work with delivery teams to achieve success through development using CI/CD and DevOps practices, processes and tooling;
- Provide robust coding practices and solid unit and component test coverage, and code debugging.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience architecting, developing and deploying modern architectural patterns/techniques (microservices, DDD, TDD …)
- Experience as a Technical Architect in a complex, enterprise-level development environment;
- +10 years‘ experience working in Software Development covering Web Development, JS MV* and Microservices
- Solid DevOps and Continuous Delivery skillset:Experience in modern CI/CD pipelines and tools (e.g. Git, Ansible, Jenkins, Gulp, NPM, Gradle)
- Strong English communication skills (both verbal & written), able to communicate with business stakeholders
- Experience in leading and coaching at least one software engineering team on various projects;
- Solid experience in designing & developing RESTful APIs and microservices-based system
- Solid experience in modern front-end build pipelines and tools (e.g. Git, Webpack, Gulp, NPM)
- Solid experience in Agile development environments;
- Well-versed in writing structured, well-documented, maintainable, and clean code;
- Excellence in problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Experience in leading and coaching at least one software engineering team on multiple projects;
- Strong understanding of standard Software Engineering processes, Testing, and Agile methodology;
- Strong understanding of secure coding practices and application security;
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, dedication, and commitment
- Excellent technical documentation and diagramming skills
- Excellent teamwork and coaching skills
- Strong English communication skills (both verbal & written), especially in the global software development environment
Nice to have
- Experience in the Banking or Financial Services industry;
- Any additional certification or training in IT, Business, Computer Science, or related area
THE BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Very competitive remuneration package
- Generous private family healthcare for yourself and two family members
- A solid team behind you – great people who love what they do
- The pleasant, enthusiastic, international work environment
- Opportunity for traveling & training in Australia
- A brand new & state of the art Agile office
- Latest technologies, flexible working hours
- A promising training and career path
- Fun team activities & outing
- English learning with native English teachers
About National Australia Bank
NAB is undergoing an exciting „Cloud First“ technology transformation by taking advantage of the latest tools and techniques used by leading technology and digital companies globally. But it’s not just about the Tech, we are also investing heavily in our people, so if you have an appetite to learn, grow and elevate others around you, this is the place for you!
IT’S MORE THAN MONEY!
We naturally also provide a very competitive remuneration package but a career with us is about a lot more than money. We believe in people with ideas and dreams, and we want you to achieve your aspirations. We’ll work together to deliver exceptional products and outcomes that push the limits of our own aspirations. Our passion for creating value and exceeding our customers‘ expectations means we’re constantly striving to redefine our standards of excellence. You’ll have our backing to develop and our encouragement to explore, realize, and reach your full potential.
If this excites you, let’s have a chat over a cup of coffee!
NAB is Australia’s largest business bank and has been around for 160 years helping small, medium and large businesses with their money. Today, NAB has more than 30,000 people, serving 9,000,000 customers at more than 900 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
NAB has funded some of the most important infrastructures in communities – including schools, hospitals, and roads. And do it in a way that’s responsible, inclusive and innovative.