YOUR JOB RESPONSIBILITES
- Manage multi Agile teams to deliver on engineering standards, sprint backlogs and plans, engineers’ responsibilities and performance management, code quality, adherence to development and testing guardrails.
- Manage milestones, deliverables, risks and dependencies of the engineering teams.
- Educate the engineering teams and ensure the release of features to production comply with NAB risk management frameworks.
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Be the voice of reason between speed and quality;
- Evangelist of the T-shaped working model; coach engineers to be T-shaped, versatile, and take responsibility outside their core disciplines;
- Line management (1:1 meetings, personal development & training plan, career path, probation reviews, and performance reviews);
- Coach teams in applying Scrum and DevOps;
- Be responsible for continuous improvement of the teams;
- Lead initiatives for implementing efficient development and delivery processes;
- Drive a learning based culture with an ability to set and gain agreement for realistic and stretching objectives for the team.
- Microservices architecture system
- Databases – Postgres, MongoDB
- DevOps – Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, GitHub, CloudFormation
- Cloud: Multi Cloud, AWS (Lambda, Postgres, S3, API Gateway, CLI, SNS/SQS), Azure
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years working experience in Software Development; 5+ years experience in leading cross-functional Agile teams
- Solid understanding of Software Quality, DevOps environments
- Excellent experience in SDLC methodologies – Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall
- Proven ability to manage and deliver complex technology projects involve multiple engineering teams both onshore and offshore
- Real-world experience with large-scale Agile adoption, not just theoretical knowledge.
- Strong stakeholder management experience;
- Proven people leadership, team building, motivation, and coaching skills
- Experience in managing code and change management processes
- Experience with IT Service Management (e.g. Release Management) and experience with using Service Now or similar.
- Strong ability to communicate at both strategic and operational level internally and externally, making effective decisions balancing business and stakeholder needs
- Fluent English skills
Nice to have:
- Agile – Certified Scrum Master (preferred)
- Experience in the Banking or Financial Services industry; (preferred)
- Fluent in English communication skills (both verbal & written)
THE BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Very competitive remuneration package
- Job security – probation skipped during Covid
- Generous private family healthcare for yourself and two family members
- A solid team behind you – great people who love what they do
- The pleasant, enthusiastic, international work environment
- Opportunity for traveling and training in Australia
- First class offices and facilities
- Latest technologies and flexible working hours
- A promising training and career path
- Fun team activities & outing
- English learning with native English teachers
About National Australia Bank
NAB is undergoing an exciting « Cloud First » technology transformation by taking advantage of the latest tools and techniques used by leading technology and digital companies globally. But it’s not just about the Tech, we are also investing heavily in our people, so if you have an appetite to learn, grow and elevate others around you, this is the place for you!
IT’S MORE THAN MONEY!
We naturally also provide a very competitive remuneration package but a career with us is about a lot more than money. We believe in people with ideas and dreams, and we want you to achieve your aspirations. We’ll work together to deliver exceptional products and outcomes that push the limits of our own aspirations. Our passion for creating value and exceeding our customers’ expectations means we’re constantly striving to redefine our standards of excellence. You’ll have our backing to develop and our encouragement to explore, realize, and reach your full potential.
If this excites you, let’s have a chat over a cup of coffee!
NAB is Australia’s largest business bank and has been around for 160 years helping small, medium and large businesses with their money. Today, NAB has more than 30,000 people, serving 9,000,000 customers at more than 900 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
NAB has funded some of the most important infrastructures in communities – including schools, hospitals, and roads. And do it in a way that’s responsible, inclusive and innovative.