What you will do as an Android Engineer?
- Design and code of Android applications
- Actively participate in all aspects of the software delivery life cycle and associated agile activities that the team undertake
- Perform code reviews and provide timely and constructive feedback
- Continuous innovation in development practices, team processes, and mobile design
- Work with delivery teams to achieve success through development using CI/CD and DevOps practices, processes, and tooling;
- Provide robust coding practices and solid unit and component test coverage, and code debugging.
Which skills do you need as an Android Engineer?
- 3+ years‘ related working experience for Senior level and at least 1 year for Junior level
- Solid experience in mobile application development, especially in Android development (Android Studio/ SDK, Java, at least 1 year with Kotlin).
- Solid experienced with architectural patterns – Clean Architecture, MVVM
- Experienced with Unit tests, UI Tests, API Testing: Mocks, Stubs;
- Experienced in build management tools including continuous integration and delivery practices and tools (Gradle, FastLane/Jenkins/Git);
- Good knowledge and experience with SOLID principles;
- Good understanding of modern software development practices and automation testing;
- Good English communication skills (both verbal & written), and problem-solving and analytical skills;
Nice to have
- React Native experience;
- Some experience in backend technologies as well as RESTful JSON APIs, Microservices;
- Experienced in Performance test, Accessibility for mobile apps;
- Security Mobile Apps: Application Security Transport, Local Data Storage, Reverse Engineer;
- Experienced with device fragmentation issues.
Why coworkers love working with us
- Very competitive remuneration package
- Generous private family healthcare for yourself and two family members
- A solid team behind you – great people who love what they do
- The pleasant, enthusiastic, international work environment
- Opportunity for traveling & training in Australia
- A brand new & state of the art Agile office
- Latest technologies, flexible working hours
- A promising training and career path
- Fun team activities & outing
- English learning with native English teachers
About National Australia Bank
NAB is undergoing an exciting “Cloud First” technology transformation by taking advantage of the latest tools and techniques used by leading technology and digital companies globally. But it’s not just about the Tech, we are also investing heavily in our people, so if you have an appetite to learn, grow and elevate others around you, this is the place for you!
IT’S MORE THAN MONEY!
We naturally also provide a very competitive remuneration package but a career with us is about a lot more than money. We believe in people with ideas and dreams, and we want you to achieve your aspirations. We’ll work together to deliver exceptional products and outcomes that push the limits of our own aspirations. Our passion for creating value and exceeding our customers’ expectations means we’re constantly striving to redefine our standards of excellence. You’ll have our backing to develop and our encouragement to explore, realize, and reach your full potential.
If this excites you, let’s have a chat over a cup of coffee!
NAB is Australia’s largest business bank and has been around for 160 years helping small, medium and large businesses with their money. Today, NAB has more than 30,000 people, serving 9,000,000 customers at more than 900 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
NAB has funded some of the most important infrastructures in communities – including schools, hospitals, and roads. And do it in a way that’s responsible, inclusive and innovative.