YOUR JOB RESPONSIBILITES
- Manage the design, development and testing of features aligned with our service priorities.
- Manage work requests from downstream service, and third-party vendors.
- AWS and Azure cloud computing infrastructure building, deployment and testing
- Provide ongoing support for in production releases.
- Lead an agile delivery scrum team to deliver on engineering standards, sprint backlogs and plans, engineers’ responsibilities and performance management, code quality, adherence to development guardrails, testing.
- Share responsibility with the Product Owner and alike to prioritise the story backlog within delivery sprints.
- As a people leader responsible for motivating and engaging your teammates, working together to build a high performing team.
- Responsible for facilitating interviewing new team members including onboarding.
- Ensuring that all performance and career-based activities, conversations and artifacts are prepared together with the individuals, such as; Development Plan and Performance Plan.
- A passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions.
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with an ability to visualise processes and outcomes.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting software issues and debugging a large codebase.
- Outstanding all-round communication skills and ability to work collaboratively.
Continuous improvement (Passion for customers)
- Improve the quality of our system by developing standard operating procedures.
- Enhance applications by identifying opportunities for improvement, making recommendations and designing and implementing systems.
- Maintaining and improving existing codebases and peer review code changes.
- Continually seeks out relevant industry and technical knowledge and improve on professional skills by completing necessary development activities and actively share knowledge acquired with appropriate audiences.
- Investigating and using new technologies where relevant.
- Liaise with colleagues to implement technical designs.
- Provide written knowledge transfer material.
- Coach and supervise direct reports to ensure they have the skills and knowledge to perform their role to be compliant with Financial Services
- Reform Act requirements and external legislation in a professional and ethical manner.
Respect for people
- Responsibilities for health and safety have been assigned to all employees. For your specific responsibilities refer to Responsibilities for Workplace Health and Safety located on the intranet under People Toolbar.
- Provide professional and ethical behaviour in your actions by ensuring compliance with external legislation, bank standards and internal operating policies and procedures relevant to the position.
- Ensure all personal training records are maintained and kept up to date.
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with the requirements of the Health & Safety Policy, procedures and legislation. Take reasonable care for your own health & safety, as well as that of others.
Proactively manage risk, meeting all policy and compliance requirements; perform controls; adhere to process and procedures pertinent to the role; and escalate events, issues or breaches as they are identified (risk accountability forms part of all roles, as everyone is responsible for managing risk and compliance).
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience in commercial Information Technology coupled with tertiary qualifications in Information Technology such as, BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Proven experience in successfully delivering several major business solutions into production/implementation using Agile scrum methodology and project management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, researching, evaluating and recommending new and emerging technologies.
- Expert skills and considerable experience in one or more of the major programming languages, and in the evaluation of infrastructure and software options.
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows).
- Expertise or Qualifications in AWS or Cloud Technologies.
- Known Delivery of Infrastructure projects to Cloud.
Nice to have:
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic) and automated testing frameworks.
- Knowledge of selected programming languages (e.g. Python, C++) and the Java/J2EE platform.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB).
THE BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Very competitive remuneration package
- Generous private family healthcare for yourself and two family members
- A solid team behind you – great people who love what they do
- The pleasant, enthusiastic, international work environment
- Opportunity for traveling & training in Australia
- A brand new & state of the art Agile office
- Latest technologies, flexible working hours
- A promising training and career path
- Fun team activities & outing
- English learning with native English teachers
About National Australia Bank
NAB is undergoing an exciting “Cloud First” technology transformation by taking advantage of the latest tools and techniques used by leading technology and digital companies globally. But it’s not just about the Tech, we are also investing heavily in our people, so if you have an appetite to learn, grow and elevate others around you, this is the place for you!
IT’S MORE THAN MONEY!
We naturally also provide a very competitive remuneration package but a career with us is about a lot more than money. We believe in people with ideas and dreams, and we want you to achieve your aspirations. We’ll work together to deliver exceptional products and outcomes that push the limits of our own aspirations. Our passion for creating value and exceeding our customers’ expectations means we’re constantly striving to redefine our standards of excellence. You’ll have our backing to develop and our encouragement to explore, realize, and reach your full potential.
If this excites you, let’s have a chat over a cup of coffee!
NAB is Australia’s largest business bank and has been around for 160 years helping small, medium and large businesses with their money. Today, NAB has more than 30,000 people, serving 9,000,000 customers at more than 900 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
NAB has funded some of the most important infrastructures in communities – including schools, hospitals, and roads. And do it in a way that’s responsible, inclusive and innovative.