YOUR JOB RESPONSIBILITES
- Managing several Agile teams to deliver on engineering standards, sprint backlogs and plans, engineers’ responsibilities and performance management, code quality, adherence to development guardrails, and testing;
- Client-facing liaison for all required meetings
- Be the voice of reason between speed and quality;
- Coach engineers to be T-shaped, versatile, and take responsibility outside their core disciple;
- Support code into production and take charge of incidents;
- Be responsible for the full life-cycle development process and the deliveries of a team;
- Line management (1:1 meetings, personal development & training plan, career path, probation reviews, and performance reviews);
- Coach teams in applying Scrum and DevOps;
- Manage action plans for continuous improvement of the teams (Team Health Monitor, sprint retrospective, etc..);
- Implement, monitor, and report all team KPIs & SLAs;
- Lead initiatives for implementing efficient development and delivery processes;
- Accountable for the quality of Agile / Scrum ceremonies
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Microservices architectural system
- Databases – Postgres, MongoDB
- DevOps – Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, GitHub, CloudFormation
- Understanding of AWS (Lambda, Postgres, S3, API Gateway, CLI, SNS/SQS)
- Understanding of OAuth
- Formal Development methodologies
Required Working Experience:
- 10+ years working experience in Software Development; 5+ years experience in leading cross-functional Agile teams
- Fluent in English communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Experience in a management position at an international finance or tech company, as well as have a sound development background and experience.
- Strong people leadership, team building, motivation, and coaching skills
- The production of technical documentation including technical specifications, operating instructions, test plans, etc
- Code and change management processes
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders, across two countries, with conflicting priorities
- Deep understanding of Software Quality, DevOps environments, and Micro-Service technologies
- University degree in IT field or equivalent industry experience
- Agile – Certified Scrum Master (preferred)
- Experience in the Banking or Financial Services industry; (preferred)
THE BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Very competitive remuneration package
- Generous private family healthcare for yourself and two family members
- A solid team behind you – great people who love what they do
- The pleasant, enthusiastic, international work environment
- Opportunity for traveling & training in Australia
- A brand new & state of the art Agile office
- Latest technologies, flexible working hours
- A promising training and career path
- Fun team activities & outing
- English learning with native English teachers
About National Australia Bank
NAB is undergoing an exciting “Cloud First” technology transformation by taking advantage of the latest tools and techniques used by leading technology and digital companies globally. But it’s not just about the Tech, we are also investing heavily in our people, so if you have an appetite to learn, grow and elevate others around you, this is the place for you!
IT’S MORE THAN MONEY!
We naturally also provide a very competitive remuneration package but a career with us is about a lot more than money. We believe in people with ideas and dreams, and we want you to achieve your aspirations. We’ll work together to deliver exceptional products and outcomes that push the limits of our own aspirations. Our passion for creating value and exceeding our customers’ expectations means we’re constantly striving to redefine our standards of excellence. You’ll have our backing to develop and our encouragement to explore, realize, and reach your full potential.
If this excites you, let’s have a chat over a cup of coffee!
NAB is Australia’s largest business bank and has been around for 160 years helping small, medium and large businesses with their money. Today, NAB has more than 30,000 people, serving 9,000,000 customers at more than 900 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
NAB has funded some of the most important infrastructures in communities – including schools, hospitals, and roads. And do it in a way that’s responsible, inclusive and innovative.