What you will do as a Lead QA Engineer?
- Manage the quality practices and mindset across two or more Agile teams, dealing with both automation and exploratory testing in terms of quality assurance;
- Propose Test strategies for projects, and conduct workshops with internal & external stakeholders;
- Apply and adjust testing processes to ensure quality in a fully Agile SDLC;
- Define Test Plans (Test strategy and Test logistics) and applying Testing methodologies and techniques to design test cases and prepare test data;
- Create test strategy and approach, setting-up testing tools and testing frameworks that can be used inside teams or cross-teams;
- Apply Test monitoring and controls, including managing test effort and bug leaks;
- Perform Test evaluation and make quality reports for each delivery (making the decision “go”/”no-go”);
- Drive an Automation first approach for Unit, System and Integrated System testing across the development team, and contribute to platform integration and performance tests to play a key role in driving product quality to keep users satisfied;
- Solve defects, driving investigations into problems and correction actions relating to recurring problems;
- Code automated tests for the Feature, System and Integrated Systems Testing Phases;
- Problem-solving, solution design automation and innovating using Quality Engineering practices;
- Contribute to Agile practices and Automation for stories in sprint delivery, CI/CD pipeline design, and build and maintenance, to support Quality Engineering practices;
- Create and review solution documentation and assist with the development and rectification when required;
- Conduct testing training to empower Software Engineers to a level of sufficient testing skills.
Which skills do you need as a Lead QA Engineer?
- Jenkins CI/CD, GitHub, SonarQube, Gradle, JFrog
- Exposure to AWS and cloud-native architecture
- Excellent English communication skills (both verbal & written) with experience working across countries;
- 7+ years’ experience in the design and execution of Manual & Automation testing with a minimum of:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Automation – Web/Mobile & API testing.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in leading & training Quality Engineering Practices across multiple teams.
- People leadership and coaching of Quality Engineers from junior to senior QAs;
- Able to create testing proposals (Test strategies, estimation, automation test solutions, performance test solution, etc.);
- Good at reading and understanding of Functional and Non-functional requirements, and provide feedback and enrich requirements efficiently;
- Solid knowledge of testing methodologies and techniques: Functional, Non-Functional, back-box and exploratory testing;
- Experience in strategic development and implementation of Quality Engineering solutions (Automation Frameworks, Performance Validation);
- Experience in coaching integrated teams including Software Engineers to ensure systems are designed for reliability, performance, and testability;
- Expert in Automation; using with CI/CD methodologies and DevOps
Why coworkers love working with us
- Very competitive remuneration package
- Generous private family healthcare for yourself and two family members
- A solid team behind you – great people who love what they do
- The pleasant, enthusiastic, international work environment
- Opportunity for traveling & training in Australia
- A brand new & state of the art Agile office
- Latest technologies, flexible working hours
- A promising training and career path
- Fun team activities & outing
- English learning with native English teachers
About National Australia Bank
NAB is undergoing an exciting “Cloud First” technology transformation by taking advantage of the latest tools and techniques used by leading technology and digital companies globally. But it’s not just about the Tech, we are also investing heavily in our people, so if you have an appetite to learn, grow and elevate others around you, this is the place for you!
IT’S MORE THAN MONEY!
We naturally also provide a very competitive remuneration package but a career with us is about a lot more than money. We believe in people with ideas and dreams, and we want you to achieve your aspirations. We’ll work together to deliver exceptional products and outcomes that push the limits of our own aspirations. Our passion for creating value and exceeding our customers’ expectations means we’re constantly striving to redefine our standards of excellence. You’ll have our backing to develop and our encouragement to explore, realize, and reach your full potential.
If this excites you, let’s have a chat over a cup of coffee!
NAB is Australia’s largest business bank and has been around for 160 years helping small, medium and large businesses with their money. Today, NAB has more than 30,000 people, serving 9,000,000 customers at more than 900 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
NAB has funded some of the most important infrastructures in communities – including schools, hospitals, and roads. And do it in a way that’s responsible, inclusive and innovative.