YOUR JOB RESPONSIBILITES
- Define and manage business analysis & design practices and mindset across Agile teams
- Coach and train other Technical Business Analysts. Provide support and review to other Technical Business Analyst works to ensure the high quality delivered
- Work with business users to elicit and define user requirements through the use of the most appropriate method(s), and translate them into functional requirements, and contribute to the management expectations
- Analyze requirements that are uniquely traceable, verifiable and prioritized in a manner that is acceptable to both business and technology stakeholders
- Use data and process modeling tools (including, but not limited to, process mapping, business, object, and dataflow modeling) to analyze and represent information in an effective form, in order to translate business requirements into meaningful statements of work
- Assess existing processes to identify redesign or enhancement opportunities to deliver improved productivity or efficiency to the business
- Produce conceptual designs, and contribute to the development of business cases, Return on Investment and Net Present Value calculations
- Support the delivery of features including on-going JIRA maintenance of features and stories/tasks
- Communicate iteration priorities, feature sets, roadmaps, and customer feedback to a variety of different stakeholders and executives
- Apply strong Business Analysis skills and methodologies to ensure that what is produced is aligned and value maximized for our customers
- Engage and discuss with the client on the status of a project, as well as constantly ensure our clients’ requirements are understood by the team
- Support and review the testing scenarios, test data, and defects verification throughout the delivery lifecycle
- Represent the project team at workshops, presentations, showcases, and other meetings as appropriate, ensuring any decisions made are communicated back to the engineering team
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 8 years of experience as a Technical Business Analyst or Product Owner with highly developed Technical Analysis skills;
- Excellent English communication skills (both verbal & written) and strong Presentation capabilities;
- Advanced skills in using suitable tools for business modeling, drawing business and technical flows/diagrams, creating mockups /wireframes/prototypes, etc;
- Good skill and expertise in Discovery methodologies with a high-level focus on Elicitation and requirement gathering & documentation;
- Hands-on experience in influencing and collaborating with internal stakeholders such as Product Owners, Solution Designers and Architects
- Working knowledge of various aspects of technology solutions (e.g. user interfaces, API, databases, system integration) and dealing with technology specialists
- The ability to quickly build an understanding of the business environment, operating model and terminology
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills, with a focus on attention to detail
- Experience with Agile methodology, especially Scrum model;
- Experience in the UI/UX or understanding of user-centric mindset;
- Experience in managing, leading and coaching other Business Analysts;
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in IT, Business, Computer Science or related area.
Nice to have
- Have basic knowledge of cloud-based technologies (Amazon Web Services is preferred);
- Experience or knowledge of BABOK® Knowledge Areas;
- Experience in the Banking or Financial Services industry;
- Any additional certification or training in BA, PO, UX or related area (e.g. PSPO, CSPO, CBAP).
THE BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Very competitive remuneration package
- Generous private family healthcare for yourself and two family members
- A solid team behind you – great people who love what they do
- The pleasant, enthusiastic, international work environment
- Opportunity for traveling & training in Australia
- A brand new & state of the art Agile office
- Latest technologies, flexible working hours
- A promising training and career path
- Fun team activities & outing
- English learning with native English teachers
About National Australia Bank
NAB is undergoing an exciting “Cloud First” technology transformation by taking advantage of the latest tools and techniques used by leading technology and digital companies globally. But it’s not just about the Tech, we are also investing heavily in our people, so if you have an appetite to learn, grow and elevate others around you, this is the place for you!
IT’S MORE THAN MONEY!
We naturally also provide a very competitive remuneration package but a career with us is about a lot more than money. We believe in people with ideas and dreams, and we want you to achieve your aspirations. We’ll work together to deliver exceptional products and outcomes that push the limits of our own aspirations. Our passion for creating value and exceeding our customers’ expectations means we’re constantly striving to redefine our standards of excellence. You’ll have our backing to develop and our encouragement to explore, realize, and reach your full potential.
If this excites you, let’s have a chat over a cup of coffee!
NAB is Australia’s largest business bank and has been around for 160 years helping small, medium and large businesses with their money. Today, NAB has more than 30,000 people, serving 9,000,000 customers at more than 900 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
NAB has funded some of the most important infrastructures in communities – including schools, hospitals, and roads. And do it in a way that’s responsible, inclusive and innovative.