YOUR JOB RESPONSIBILITES
- Your’re responsible for onboarding asset teams into a managed Cloud environment.
- You develop and manage automation frameworks to provide monitoring, patch management, release management, security, and data retention.
- In addition to the above, you will support and develop DR strategies, provide guidance and consulting around DevOps best practices and collaborate with other cloud teams to support delivery.
- Some key challenges that you will face are around scaling support and onboarding of assets through automation. With these challenges come opportunities to develop automated processes, working towards self-service capability for the managed services function. Working within NAB regulatory and security guardrails can also prove challenging in such a large-scale environment.
- You will be expected to provide out of hours support (rotated through a team roster) for cloud services as part of our 24×7 coverage agreement
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience coaching and mentoring a team, and holding regular sessions for training
- Background in supporting cloud services (AWS or Azure) with a healthy knowledge in Windows and/or Linux system administration
- Experience supporting either Azure foundational services (Virtual Machines, SQL managed instance, NSG’s, ASG’s, LB etc.) or AWS services (EC2, VPC, S3, EBS, DynamoDB, RDS, etc.)
- Experience using cloud-native tools (i.e. Azure Log Analytics, Azure Update Management, Azure Functions, Redshift, EMR, and Glue, etc.) to review metrics, manage and monitor system/service health and utilization of our cloud services
- A keen interest in automation and an ability to utilise tooling to improve efficiencies and repeatable tasks but also improve the day to day reliability and performance of our cloud managed services
- Working as infrastructure-as-code development and deployment
- Specific experience with cloud related automation concepts and tooling such as Azure Automation, Powershell Functions, TFE, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, Jira, etc.)
- Understanding of good cloud change management practices with an awareness of compliance and security standards.
- Ability to manage and develop in-life security patching, manage backup and disaster recovery processes
- Experience in fine tuning virtualization, storage configuration, and replication for specific workloads
- Excellent engagement skills, managing and coordinating between partners, acknowledging Security, Network, Architecture and Service Management requirements.
THE BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Very competitive remuneration package
- Generous private family healthcare for yourself and two family members
- A solid team behind you – great people who love what they do
- The pleasant, enthusiastic, international work environment
- Opportunity for traveling & training in Australia
- A brand new & state of the art Agile office
- Latest technologies, flexible working hours
- A promising training and career path
- Fun team activities & outing
- English learning with native English teachers
About National Australia Bank
NAB is undergoing an exciting “Cloud First” technology transformation by taking advantage of the latest tools and techniques used by leading technology and digital companies globally. But it’s not just about the Tech, we are also investing heavily in our people, so if you have an appetite to learn, grow and elevate others around you, this is the place for you!
IT’S MORE THAN MONEY!
We naturally also provide a very competitive remuneration package but a career with us is about a lot more than money. We believe in people with ideas and dreams, and we want you to achieve your aspirations. We’ll work together to deliver exceptional products and outcomes that push the limits of our own aspirations. Our passion for creating value and exceeding our customers’ expectations means we’re constantly striving to redefine our standards of excellence. You’ll have our backing to develop and our encouragement to explore, realize, and reach your full potential.
If this excites you, let’s have a chat over a cup of coffee!
NAB is Australia’s largest business bank and has been around for 160 years helping small, medium and large businesses with their money. Today, NAB has more than 30,000 people, serving 9,000,000 customers at more than 900 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
NAB has funded some of the most important infrastructures in communities – including schools, hospitals, and roads. And do it in a way that’s responsible, inclusive and innovative.