What you will do as a Data Testing Engineer?
- Review documentation and requirements to determine intended functionality.
- Create test strategy, test plan and prepare test environments.
- Create and execute test cases that will determine performance according to product specifications.
- Implement shift-left testing, automated test script during development phase and integrate into the CI/CD pipeline at the regression test phase.
- Conduct system, integration, regression, performance, and user acceptance testing.
- Support defining the user story acceptance criteria and ensuring stories meet with a high level of quality.
- Influence your team to think of “quality first”, conduct training to empower developers to a level of sufficient testing skills.
Which skills do you need as a Data Testing Engineer?
- Understand how to translate requirements into test cases – both positive and negative test cases and know-how to ensure full coverage.
- Data-based testing experience (preferably data migration) – and show an understanding of data structures, databases & SQL (preferable experience in Oracle and Postgress – less critical ).
- Microservices testing experience.
- Experience with Java automated testing – prefer to have experience in Cucumber.
- Strong English communication (verbal & written).
Nice to have
- API Contract Testing and Automation – PACT, Postman, etc
- Performance Testing – Jmeter, Gatling or similar
- CI/CD tools – SonarQube, Gradle, JFrog
- Exposure to AWS and cloud-native architecture
- ISTQB – Certified
Why coworkers love working with us
- Very competitive remuneration package
- Generous private family healthcare for yourself and two family members
- A solid team behind you – great people who love what they do
- The pleasant, enthusiastic, international work environment
- Opportunity for traveling & training in Australia
- A brand new & state of the art Agile office
- Latest technologies, flexible working hours
- A promising training and career path
- Fun team activities & outing
- English learning with native English teachers
About National Australia Bank
NAB is undergoing an exciting “Cloud First” technology transformation by taking advantage of the latest tools and techniques used by leading technology and digital companies globally. But it’s not just about the Tech, we are also investing heavily in our people, so if you have an appetite to learn, grow and elevate others around you, this is the place for you!
IT’S MORE THAN MONEY!
We naturally also provide a very competitive remuneration package but a career with us is about a lot more than money. We believe in people with ideas and dreams, and we want you to achieve your aspirations. We’ll work together to deliver exceptional products and outcomes that push the limits of our own aspirations. Our passion for creating value and exceeding our customers’ expectations means we’re constantly striving to redefine our standards of excellence. You’ll have our backing to develop and our encouragement to explore, realize, and reach your full potential.
If this excites you, let’s have a chat over a cup of coffee!
NAB is Australia’s largest business bank and has been around for 160 years helping small, medium and large businesses with their money. Today, NAB has more than 30,000 people, serving 9,000,000 customers at more than 900 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
NAB has funded some of the most important infrastructures in communities – including schools, hospitals, and roads. And do it in a way that’s responsible, inclusive and innovative.